Why should I donate to The Smith Family?
Your support will go towards crucial learning support programs for disadvantaged Aussie students. Education is one of the most effective ways of breaking the cycle of disadvantage, and ensuring disadvantaged kids can access the same learning opportunities as their peers.
Where will my donation go?
Your donation will contribute to The Smith Family's important learning support programs. It will go towards book packs for students participating in our student2student
peer reading program. Or it can contribute to educational aids for Learning Clubs
to help students with their homework and skills development. It could also go towards the training and support of volunteer mentors who help to provide disadvantaged children with personal and career guidance. You can feel confident your donation is going where it's needed most. Last financial year, for every dollar fundraised , $0.83 was spent directly on community programs.
Is my donation tax deductible?
All donations over $2 are 100% tax deductible. A receipt will be provided to a school for the total donation. Receipts for separate students can not be provided.
We've had our fundraiser. Now, how do I get the raised funds to The Smith Family?
- Donate online at www.thesmithfamily.com.au/donate
- Write a cheque to The Smith Family. Post to The Smith Family (Kids helping Kids), PO Box 10500, Brisbane BC, 4101
- If location and resources permit The Smith Family may be able to collect the raised funds from your school directly as part of a school assembly presentation. Enquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I get more information about The Smith Family and the work that you do?
Back to the top
- You can click on 'Listen to my story' on this site to hear firsthand accounts of young people's experience of disadvantage and their partnership with The Smith Family
- Log onto www.thesmithfamily.com.au